before I begin

Life is too short to live behind lies

Tuesday 31 August 2010

golden

Today was one of those golden autumn days that remind  me of old van morrison tracks. Despite having to go to work, I was able to walk my dogs twice in the autumn sunshine. Is one of my favourite times of the year. That period when summer is ending but there is still a beautiful low light cutting shadows along the ground.

There is slight sadness in the trees as they hush with the wind. I like walking at this time of the year. It seems to inspire ideas about colour and movement. Things are changing and there is a feeling that one must be doing something before the darkness arrives.

The strong shadows on the ground are like some kind of dramatic movie projection on a green screen. There are many images to trigger ideas for new paintings. I am thinking of making some really small drawings reponding very instictively and quickly to my surroundings possibly made within a few seconds and then translating them into large paintings after they 'simmer' for a while.

At times like these I feel  very fortunate to sense the world as I do. This must surely be what making art is ultimately about.....making the golden....simply

No comments:

Post a Comment